We are holding our annual Cross Country friendly with Corstorphine this Sunday (13th Feb) in Juniper Green. Edinburgh AC are also invited this year. This is a great opportunity to try out cross country if you haven’t before; it’s very friendly and is a shorter distance than our league matches. It is open to ALL age groups and you’re welcome to bring along a friend/sibling to take part too – there is no need to register, just turn up on the day and provide contact details at registration.
Shoes with good grips are recommended and you should wear a Harmeny vest if you have one. Plus warm clothes for before/after the race.
The venue is Curriemuirend park, which is just to the left of Wester Hailes Road as you come down the hill from Gillespie Crossroads.
We will also need plenty of helpers – start/finish line, timers, course marshals so please let me know if you can help.
• U9/U11 girls – Race Start 11.00am, 1.5km. Please arrive at 10.30am to pick up a number/warm up etc.
• U9/U11 boys – Race Start 11.20am, 1.5km. Please arrive at 10.50am to pick up a number/warm up etc.
• U13 girls – Race Start 11.45am, 2.0km. Please arrive at 11.15am to pick up a number/warm up etc. .
• U13 boys – Race Start 12.15pm, 2.0km. Please arrive at 11.45am to pick up a number/warm up etc.
• U15/17 – Race(s) Start 12.45pm, 2.5km. Please arrive at 12.15am to pick up a number/warm up etc.
Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you all there.
• Under 9 – born after 1/9/2012
• Under 11 – born 1/9/2010 to 31/8/2012 inclusive
• Under 13 – born 1/9/2008 to 31/8/2010 inclusive