Previous Winners: Grand Prix and Junior Awards
Grand Prix : 2023 Races
|28 January||Holyrood Parkrun|
|25 February||Scottish National XC Champs Falkirk|
|5 March||Scurry around Corstorphine Hill 10k|
|16 April||Grangemouth 10k|
|2 June||Blackrock 5|
|11 June||Mhor 84 half marathon|
|Aug date tbc||Lomonds of Fife hill race (12 miles)|
|Sept date tbc||Kyles 10 miles|
|Oct date tbc||Path of Condie half marathon|
|December||Blast Santa Dash 14km|
|1 Jan – 30 Nov||Any Marathon|
|1 Jan – 30 Nov||Any Ultra|
|1 Jan – 30 Nov||Any Half Marathon|
Grand Prix : Competition Ends
Grand Prix : Rules
- The competition is open to all fully paid up members of Harmeny AC.
- There will be separate points and league tables for males and females.
- There are 9 races named in the series plus any half or full marathon and ultramarathon making 12 races in total.
- Your best 8 race scores will count towards your total.
- Points will be made up of 3 components:
Position: 25, 22, 20, 19, 18,…….10 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Harmeny position. All runners will receive a minimum of 10 points
Personal Best: 3 additional points if you set a PB for that distance (only if you have run that distance before). Only applies to “standard distances”, i.e. 5k, 10k, 10m, half, marathon. Only 1 set of PB points awarded per distance, per year.
Age Placing: Additional points for a 1st (3 points) 2nd (2 points) and 3rd age placing (1 point) – age categories as defined by each race.
- You can choose any half or full marathon at any time in the year until the 30 November.
- For Ultras, any open ultra race that is held at any time of the year until the 30 November. Your finishing time will be converted to a percentage of the overall male/female winner’s time for each race, then points awarded at end of the period.
- You must enter races as Harmeny AC for your result to count.
- The additional points for a PB will be based on your lifetime PB, this will be based on trust. If you think you are likely to set a pb, then your current pb must be submitted to John Smith no later than the day before the race.
- If you do an event but for whatever reason you don’t appear in the results, then you will get “last place” of all Harmeny athletes of your sex, and not be eligible for PB or age placing points.
- Current scores will be kept updated on Facebook and the website, the website will hold the master documents
- The male and female winners will be presented with the Harmeny Grand Prix Champion trophy at the club awards night at the beginning of the year.
- Tied overall points (top 8 races to count) at the end of the series will be decided by top 7 counting events, 6 counting events etc.