The scottishathletics outdoor U12 SUPERteams event is an extremely popular fixture in the annual athletics calendar and we’re delighted that Harmeny AC, along with our friends at Corstorphine AAC, will be hosting a new, regional event which we hope will increase the number of athletes able to take part in SUPERteams, and also reduce the travel requirement faced by clubs. The regional SUPERteams format will be a low-key, club-organised, scottishathletics-supported event, with the opportunity to qualify for the National Final a few weeks later.
The event will take place between 10am and 4pm on Sunday May 28th at Saughton Track.
Clubs can be represented by any number of athletes in each heat and can choose any of the five heats to attend. However, a single cub can only be represented in ONE heat (i.e. clubs cannot send some members to one heat and others to another). Harmeny members will be entered via the club (poll here https://xoyondo.com/dp/OjaB5sCdQAvNWhn) but other Clubs or Individuals can enter here: https://scottishathletics.sportserve.net/pages/event/athletics/athleticsbookingdetails.aspx?id=12944
Regional Heats Information
- During the heats, instead of competing as teams, athletes will compete as individuals in three SUPERteams events. This allows any number of athletes from any club to take part without relying on others to form a full team.
- The event will be open to athletes in the U12 age group. In Summer 2023, this means they will be at least 9 on the day of the FINAL and born after 31/08/11.
- Athletes who take part at Saughton will take part in a 75m sprint, a standing long jump and a javelin throw, with fun non-scoring relays offered for on-the-day teams at the end of the day (which also gives us an opportunity to collate results!!!).
- SUPERteams teams in the regional heats will be made up of the four highest-scoring athletes from the same club. Each team will be made up of at least 2 girls and maximum of 2 boys (ie. 2 girls + 2 boys, 3 girls + 1 boy or 4 girls, depending on individual scores).
- The top-scoring eight teams in each regional heat will progress to the National Final