As another new term starts soon, I wanted to drop you all an email to both review what has been yet another remarkable term and to look forward to an equally busy winter term, taking us to Easter. While important club news will always be emailed out, please join our private Facebook page where lots of other information and general chat happens: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1457275801211925/
Also, please note that the request for Training fees will be out shortly – the request will be for the remainder of the school year until end of June, at £2.50 per session. Please pay this promptly on receipt of the email from Susan.
Review of Autumn Term
· Most of the Autumn term is dominated by Cross Country, and Harmeny are proving once again to be one of the strongest clubs in the East District League with strong showings after 2 matches in U11 Girls (2nd), U11 Boys (2nd), U13 Girls (5th), U13 Boys (2nd) and U15 boys (1st). Final match is at Livingston on Saturday 18th January where another strong showing will see some medals and trophies making their way to us again. Results can be found here: http://www.salroadrunningandcrosscountrymedalists.co.uk/Archive/East%20District%20League/Results/2010s/EDL%202019-20/EDL%202019-20.html
· Other Cross Country achievements this term include: Tendai Nyabadza winning the National Short Course Champs in Kirkaldy and the U15 boys winning team Bronze. And at the East District Championships both U15 and U13 boys teams winning team bronze medals with Tendai picking up individual bronze too.
· 5 athletes have been picked for the East District team at the Inter District Championships in Stirling on 11th January. Charlotte MacPhie, Daniel McGuire, Matthew Holden, Tendai Nyabadza, Finlay Ross. Well done to all and Good Luck!
· Our 2nd season competing in the Scottish Athletics Indoor League has been going extremely well once again. The club sees this as an opportunity for younger athletes to have a taste of competitive athletics in a friendly (and warm!) environment, and for the older track and field athletes to keep their eye in during the long winter. Current standings and results can be found here: https://sail.athletics-uk.org/?fbclid=IwAR2GSPgFHEH4PnRhEZnCre7fobzWPEy8HeBCDug4rEOgs8rsVD9CHlA8pao
· The club was also honoured to be named the Impact Club of the Year at the recent Scottish Athletics Awards for the work we do in the local community. A huge achievement and a great night out in Glasgow was had by all who attended.
Winter Term Dates
· ALL Saughton sessions start on 6th January – please meet at the reception of Saughton Sports Centre 5mins before the start of the session.
· School based sessions start on 13th January
· Our annual Water of Leith Race (4km) is on Wednesday 1st April @ 6pm – meet at Balerno High School for registration.
· Our adult section is running a 12 week Jog Scotland course (similar to Couch to 5k, but in a group) starting on Sunday 5th January @9.30am from Balerno. If you would like to start, or return to, running or just want to get fitter, this would be a great opportunity to do so with like-minded people! Email email@example.com for details about how to sign up – over 25 have signed up so far, so be quick!!!!
If you haven’t already done so, please remember to tick the Gift Aid box to indicate you would be happy for the club to claim Gift Aid on the annual membership fee – each box ticked nets the club over £6, so well worth it!!!
Finally, please login into your childs parkrun profile to add Harmeny AC as their club and also add their coach to their Power of Ten account.
Junior End of Term Update
March 12th, 2020 | 0 Comments