Track season is coming to an end but don’t despair, it’s almost cross country time!!
For the benefit of our newer members, Harmeny compete in the East District League which comprise a series of three races. The dates are shown below. Age groups range from under 11’s (must be 9 or over on the 31st August) to Seniors so most members of Harmeny are eligible to compete. If you are not sure which age category you should be competing in please ask your coach.
Last year saw a large increase in cross country participation and it would be great to continue the trend this year. We also had some great performances over the age groups, topped off with our U11 boys winning the East District Trophy for the first time in the clubs history.
The season kicks off with a friendly XC match against Corstorphine in September for all juniors, including anyone on the current waiting list. This is a good chance to get familiar with typical cross country distances and pacing. For U13’s and above there are a number of National Championship events.
I will post up full details and reminders for each event as we approach them but in the meantime the dates for the diary are as follows:
- 30/09/2017 Annual ‘Corstorphine v Harmeny’ Cross Country Match (U11 upwards.), Hailesland Park, Edinburgh.
- 21/10/2017 East District League match 1, Stirling University
- 25/11/2017 East District League match 2, Lornshill Academy, Alloa.
- 9/12/2017 EAST DISTRICT CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPS (Qualifiers for Inter district champs), Deans Community High School, Dechmont Law, Livingston.
- 13/01/2018 INTER DISTRICT XC CHAMPIONSHIPS – (By selection/qualification only), Holyrood park, Edinburgh.
- 20/01/2018 East District League match 3, Broxburn Academy, Broxburn.
- 24/02/2018 NATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPS , Callendar Park, Falkirk.
Course details time and locations for the East district matches are posted here:
Championship details will be posted here: